Duration of adjuvant chemotherapy for patients with advanced CRC is indefinite, altered by either disease progression or treatment intolerability. Deflexifol addresses both issues, and has the following advantages:
• >25% higher dose of 5-FU can be delivered safely, promising to limit disease progression;
• Concomitant delivery with Leucovorin also promises to increase efficacy;
• Reduction of common adverse events such as neuropathic pain, venous inflammation, catheter blockage and sepsis;
• Simultaneous administration of all active ingredients at a body-neutral pH;
• Faster and simpler administration; and
• Scalable manufacture and low cost of goods.
Deflexifol provides potential for delivery of a “well-tolerated” 5-FU/LV chemotherapy as a single injection formulation. Deflexifol could replace the standard 5FU in all regimens using 5FU or capecitabine in the appropriate tumor types such as colon, breast, head and neck and pancreas.
A lower incidence of adverse events during adjuvant chemotherapy will lead to improved patient outcomes via lower levels of treatment interruption and discontinuation. Treatment times will be reduced.
The following rabbit ear model shows that Deflexifol reduces symptoms of phlebitis.